SOME KIND OF HEAVEN
SOME KIND OF HEAVEN explores life inside the palm-tree-lined streets of The Villages, America’s largest retirement community in Florida. Referred to as the “Disneyland for Retirees,” this planned community is home to over 130,000 seniors. It offers residents a utopian version of the American yesteryear: wide, safe streets, perfectly manicured lawns, and countless activities all in service of enjoying their golden years. While most residents have bought into its packaged positivity, we meet four residents living on the margins, striving to find happiness.
By turns biting, tender, and surreal, the film demonstrates that no matter our age, we are always becoming. With strikingly composed cinematography, Some Kind of Heaven challenges our stereotypes around aging, emboldening its characters to live as vibrantly as possible in the time they have left.
COVID-19 FINE PRINT:
- Masks are required.
- Tickets will be sold in advance (online only)
- Seating capacity is limited to 8 patrons (theater capacity is 30).
- Seating options have been set up in pod formations to allow for social distancing.
- We will not serve any concessions.
- You may continue to bring your own, including alcoholic beverages for 21+.
- All customers will be expected to wear their masks at all times in common areas, restrooms and in the theater when not consuming concessions.
- All employees will wear masks and/or face shields while working.
- Sanitation of all high touch surfaces and theater seats in between all screenings.
- Venue will remain dark for a minimum of 48 hours between screenings.
By purchasing a ticket to mama.film screenings I acknowledge the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and the fact that there can be no guarantees that a positive COVID-19 case will not occur despite any preventative measures. By attending the event or program I agree to assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19 or otherwise. I agree to follow all mama.film procedures and practices related to COVID-19 or otherwise. I also agree to release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless mama.film, its owners, employees, agents, contractors, insurers and affiliates, of all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to attendance at mama.film events or programming.