In celebration of her life, we kick off our re-opening with three screenings of RBG- an intimate portrait of an unlikely rock star: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. With unprecedented access, the filmmakers explore how her early legal battles changed the world for women.
“Working with a team of women in the top creative and executive roles, we began filming in June of 2016, doing our best to keep up with the Justice’s hectic schedule. We filmed her in her office, on vacation with her family and working out with her personal trainer. We also began tracking down the dramatic stories of the clients she represented as a young lawyer arguing before the Supreme Court in the 1970’s. At that time, it was perfectly legal to discriminate on the basis of sex. RBG’s brilliant legal strategy resulted in five groundbreaking rulings that made great strides towards putting women and men on an equal footing before the law.
As women who began our careers in television news after RBG changed the world for working women, we couldn’t help but think about how far we’ve come. And yet, over the course of making this film, a series of powerful men have been revealed as sexual harassers, highlighting how far we still have to go.
We took to heart Justice Ginsburg’s approach to sexism and adversity. When, after graduating at the top of her law school class, she could not get a job, she remembered her mother’s advice: anger is a waste of time. Eventually, she was able to use her formidable legal skills to fight for justice for women–a fight she has continued through five decades.” –Director’s Statement
COVID-19 FINE PRINT:
- Masks are required.
- Tickets will be sold in advance (online only)
- Seating capacity is limited to 10 patrons (theater capacity is 30).
- Seating options have been set up in pod formations to allow for social distancing.
- We will not serve any concessions.
- You may continue to bring your own, including alcoholic beverages for 21+.
- All customers will be expected to wear their masks at all times in common areas, restrooms and in the theater when not consuming concessions.
- All employees will wear masks and/or face shields while working.
- Sanitation of all high touch surfaces and theater seats in between all screenings.
- Venue will remain dark for a minimum of 48 hours between screenings.
By purchasing a ticket to mama.film screenings I acknowledge the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and the fact that there can be no guarantees that a positive COVID-19 case will not occur despite any preventative measures. By attending the event or program I agree to assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19 or otherwise. I agree to follow all mama.film procedures and practices related to COVID-19 or otherwise. I also agree to release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless mama.film, its owners, employees, agents, contractors, insurers and affiliates, of all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to attendance at mama.film events or programming.