On the Rocks
A young New York mother faced with sudden doubts about her marriage teams up with her larger-than-life playboy father to tail her husband. What follows is a sparkling comic adventure across the city—drawing father and daughter closer together despite one detour after another. Acclaimed filmmaker Sofia Coppola brings a light touch to this blend of an exuberant love letter to New York, a generation-clash comedy about how we see relationships differently from our parents, and a funny celebration of the complications that bind modern families even as they tie us in crazy knots.
Laura (Rashida Jones) thinks she’s happily hitched, but when her husband Dean (Marlon Wayans) starts logging late hours at the office with a new co-worker, Laura begins to fear the worst. She turns to the one man she suspects may have insight: her charming, impulsive father Felix (Bill Murray), who insists they investigate the situation. As the two begin prowling New York at night, careening from uptown parties to downtown hotspots, they discover at the heart of their journey lies their own relationship.
Sat, Oct 18, 2020 – 3:00pm
Thur, Oct 22, 2020 – 6:30pm
COVID-19 FINE PRINT:
- Masks are required.
- Tickets will be sold in advance (online only)
- Seating capacity is limited to 10 patrons (theater capacity is 30).
- Seating options have been set up in pod formations to allow for social distancing.
- We will not serve any concessions.
- You may continue to bring your own, including alcoholic beverages for 21+.
- All customers will be expected to wear their masks at all times in common areas, restrooms and in the theater when not consuming concessions.
- All employees will wear masks and/or face shields while working.
- Sanitation of all high touch surfaces and theater seats in between all screenings.
- Venue will remain dark for a minimum of 48 hours between screenings.
By purchasing a ticket to mama.film screenings I acknowledge the inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and the fact that there can be no guarantees that a positive COVID-19 case will not occur despite any preventative measures. By attending the event or program I agree to assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19 or otherwise. I agree to follow all mama.film procedures and practices related to COVID-19 or otherwise. I also agree to release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless mama.film, its owners, employees, agents, contractors, insurers and affiliates, of all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to attendance at mama.film events or programming.