mama.film is thrilled to partner with the California Film Institute – and other film organizations from around the country – for their new education initiative Movie Room – a first-of-it’s-kind national teen film club hosted and produced by CFI Education.
Are you a teen (14-18 years old) in the Wichita-area who is interested in joining other teens from around the country to connect virtually around independent movies?
Movie Room is a monthly event taking place on Saturday afternoons for 90 minutes where you’ll:
- Discuss movies with fellow movie lovers
- Learn about film analysis, and look at characters and communities in film as a way to broaden cultural awareness
- Learn about different types of organizations and institutions dedicated to film exhibition and explore career opportunities
There is no cost to you and the program will be conducted virtually with the option for an in-person gathering in our area when it becomes safe. Up to 5 students will be selected.
You’ll watch the movies online through the CFI Education Online Platform before each meeting.
In order to take part, you’ll need:
- Completed application
- Media Release signed by your parent or guardian
- Streaming capability and access to Zoom
- Commitment to participate in at least 7 of 10 sessions
About CFI: The California Film Institute (CFI) is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts and education organization. For more than four decades, audiences in Marin County and the greater Bay Area have relied on CFI for the best of contemporary independent film, repertory and world cinema, and educational programming.