From Our Friends At Women Sports Film Festival: Sporty Moms on Screen
Here’s a short, curated list of films featuring athletes who are also mothers from our friends at Women Sports Film Festival.
- Luchadora (#WSFF16) follows Luna Mágica, a professional Lucha Libre Wrestling star who dreams of becoming World Wrestling Champion while struggling to make ends meet as a single mom in Mexico City.
- In Denali’s Raven (#WSFF17) climber, skier and guide, Leighan Falley reconciles her adventurous spirit with the demands of parenthood by learning to fly.
- Women are Mountains (#WSFF18) takes you to the quiet countryside of São Paulo, Brazil and into the lives of climbers Monica Filipini and Danielle Pinto as they balance their responsibilities as parents with their passion for the mountains.
- Run Mama Run, a five-episode series that chronicles elite runner Sarah Brown’s journey as she trains through an unexpected pregnancy to compete in the Olympic trials 16 weeks after giving birth.
- Being Serena on HBO, an intimate, first-person documentary about tennis legend Serena Williams during her pregnancy, early motherhood and marriage as well as her journey back to supremacy on the court.
- Bethany Hamilton: Unstoppable (#WSFF19) on Netflix and iTunes, follows the legendary surfer on her journey from childhood to motherhood.